Connecting a Megadrive to a modern monitor/TV?

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Connecting a Megadrive to a modern monitor/TV?

Post by /genesis »

I'm currently trying to source a Megadrive system as a birthday gift for my best friend who's biggest love is the Sonic franchise. I thought a classic console would be a nice touch to have rather than resorting to PC emulators.
I've looked into the console/TV connection and have come across the ANT IN TV OUT plug which monitors and some TVs don't have anymore. Is there a converter that I could purchase to allow them to connect the Megadrive to a Samsung monitor, at a reasonable price? Does the Megadrive ANT IN have any RGB adaptors (if that would even work, as I'm aware connectors and cables work to conduct specific components like audio only or visual only).
I don't know anyone to reach out to to help me solve this and see if it is possible, so I hope reaching out here will help!!

submitted by /u/Main-Badger-2496
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”