questions about changing 3ds region settings

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

questions about changing 3ds region settings

Post by /3ds »

last year, I moved from from the USA to Canada. I've wanted to change my 3ds region settings to reflect my new living location, but I'm concerned about the "If you change your country setting, you will no longer be able to engage in activities that require a Nintendo Network ID, such as browsing Nintendo eShop" warning. I admittedly do not do a huge amount with my NNID, but I am unusure if this would just mean I'm locked out until I can create a new NNID that corresponds to my new region, or if I'd just be locked out, on my 3ds, forever.
Is this something I can update, or am I stuck having an old living location attached to my 3ds until I get a new one? If I reset my region and brick my NNID, can I make a new one to go with the new setting? Or is it better to just suck it up and keep my 3ds set to the US?

submitted by /u/thedevilsantagonist
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”