Console JAMMAizer. Easily connect home consoles to your JAMMA arcade cabinet.

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Console JAMMAizer. Easily connect home consoles to your JAMMA arcade cabinet.

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Since I recently took delivery of a New Net City I've been in need of games to play on it. The only arcade PCBs I currently have are CPS2 titles, Including one Multi kit. The CPS2 is great and all, but I want to play some 3D fighters, and I'm not ready to invest in a NAOMI setup yet. Therefore I have put together a PCB to help me connect my Saturn, PS1/2 and Dreamcast to my NNC. The JAMMAizer! (not to be confused with the JAMMAfier)

This board takes RGB SCART input and passes it to the JAMMA edge, audio is output through 2 RCAs which can be connected to the cabinet's amplifier, and controls are meant to be handled by a pair of Brook Retro Boards connected via 20 Pin Harness. Kicks are output to a CPS2 style kick harness connector. This first version is fully passive, It doesn't amplify the video or audio meaning that it will only work properly with a Tri-Sync monitor and a stereo cabinet with a dedicated audio amp. I hope to evolve this into an active design that amplifies the audio and video so it can be used on 15khz only monitors and Mono cabinets. This is just the first step to get it running on my personal setup. I will be using this with my NNC through @invzim's JAMMAfier.

Here is a link to OshPark where you can download the gerbers if you want to have this manufactured. I do have a small batch in production right now which should be delivered some time next week if anybody wants one.

Thanks for checking out my project!

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”