Team Buddies

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

bladex

Team Buddies

Post by bladex »

Here's another post on a very old game I played awhile back.

Some background info: It's called Team Buddies, and it's a tactical shoot-em-up kinda game where you're pretty much these weird things that look like pills with arms and legs, and you build weapons and vehicles using crates. Basically, the bigger the stack of crates, the bigger (and supposedly) better weapon/vehicle you'll get. One other thing, apparently the game is incredibly rare, as a limited number of copies were sold, it's up there with the classics like Lunar 2, Tomba and Final Fantasy VII. (Just checked Amazon and it's going for a whopping $300).

Was it fun? Well, it frustrated me a lot when I was younger. It got to the point where I just stopped playing and then picked it up again after a couple of years. One of the most exciting things about this game is the variety of weapons/vehicles/units you can build. Ranging from uzis to rocket launchers to cluster grenades, all the way to ninjas, cyborgs, stealth tanks and planes. (The full list, as I know it, can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Buddies#Weaponry). Honestly, what's so fun about the game is how hectic it can get. When you have like 16+ pill things running around with bazookas, it can get pretty wild.

Sorry that this post wasn't as detailed as the other ones I gave, but the game seriously speaks for itself. One more thing I'd like to add is that this would be a great game to have a tournament with, as the PS1 generally didn't release a lot of "tournament-worthy" games (with the exception of any racing games of course).

Any thoughts on the game itself by anyone's who played it? Or the general idea of a tournament for it?

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”