What is the most recent MAME romset you use with Retroboot?

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

What is the most recent MAME romset you use with Retroboot?

Post by /psxclassic »

I started with the 0.139 recommended set for the 2003 core set but found it had some games missing, some Cave shmups and a recently found Cowboys Of Moo Mesa? I've seen Kyland running Deathsmiles and while the performance is still work in progress I wanted to get the most recent romset that will be playable.
This lead me to 0.159 and Mame 2014 which doesn't seem to have any core performance tweets yet. I did have decent results previously but I've updated the KMFDM cores and the performance isn't great, 15fps while trying Crazywar
The .rdb database seems to be the same as the Mame 2015 one in the KMFDM update, which meant no roms would load, so I ound another mame 2014.rdb which is now working
What is the most recent romset you guys have had decent results with? And which graphics driver in general for 2d mame, gl, glcore or sdl?

submitted by /u/SH4D0WN3K0
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”