Phantasy Star won't save even after battery swap

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Phantasy Star won't save even after battery swap

Post by /markiiisystem »

I've been replacing save batteries for a while now and never really had an issue. However, when I wanted to continue my Phantasy Star game yesterday, my saves weren't just deleted, but corrupted, showing up as nameless. To add to the frustration, I had just beaten the Iala cave! Anyway, I figured there must be something wrong with the new battery, so I replaced it again and took extra care on the contacts when soldering it in. It again seemed to be saving just fine, so I started a new game, just to find it wiped today. I've never had this happen before, and I've used this exact kind of battery (Varta C2032 with solder tabs) on numerous Genesis and SNES games. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? Is there something unusual about the way Phantasy Star organizes its saves? I'm using a Power Base on a model 1 Mega Drive, could that be part of the issue? It's very frustrating and I really don't want to solder in yet another battery just to see my progress gone the next day.

submitted by /u/jahnnitor
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”