Question for users of SMSFM and an everdrive - FM sounds in ED menu?

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Question for users of SMSFM and an everdrive - FM sounds in ED menu?

Post by /markiiisystem »

I'm learning more about master system, FM sound, and the game gear. I've modded a game gear with an SMSFM and it works great for almost all games, however I noticed when I stopped a game and switched back to the EDGG menu the FM sound board continues to output whatever sound it was last playing. Sometimes it's just a hum, other times it's an annoying screech until I turn it off or load another game. Additionally, sometimes when I DO load another game, it seems the FM module never got the "message" to turn PSG (onbaord) sound back on and so games will have NO audio until I power cycle and the FM board resets.
I'm curious if other SMSFM and everdrive users see this on their systems or if it's specific to my cobbled together game gear mess. my understanding is that the master everdrive and everdrive GG are basically the same, so I'm thinking this part might be the same too.

submitted by /u/asdfqwer426
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”