Help! I bought a DualShock 3 controller without pressure sensitive buttons?

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Help! I bought a DualShock 3 controller without pressure sensitive buttons?

Post by /p3 »

I’ve had a ps3 for about 6 years now, but I lost the controller that came with it a little while ago. Recently, I wanted to play the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, so I bought it, assuming I could just hook up my DualShock 4 controller, then I figured out about the whole deal with mgs2 and mgs3 needing the pressure sensitive buttons on the DualShock 3 to be played. So I bought a controller from this link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Sealed-OEM-Sony-PS3-Wireless-Dualshock-3-Controller-Gamepad-Black-/232022079303
And I can play mgs2 mgs3 (the controller is responsive) but the controller itself doesn’t seem to have pressure sensitive buttons. The face buttons seem either pushed all the way in or not at all.
Is this a fake DualShock 3? Is there a place where I can get a DualShock 3 with pressure sensitive buttons?

submitted by /u/NeedMeSomeBigPussy
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”