Anyone here beat Shadows of the Empire on hard difficulty?

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

Anyone here beat Shadows of the Empire on hard difficulty?

Post by /n64 »

I’m beginning to think it’s impossible.
I did a 100% run through SOTE on medium over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got pretty good so i figured I would give the next difficultly level a try.
I immediately ran into trouble on the second level. The AT ST boss would only drop 1% life when you shot it, so it took about 10-15 minutes to get past him.
I was able to make it orb mantel junkyard before it became near impossible about a third of the way through the level when you are being mowed down by two robots, two flying droids and multiple stationary guns all at the same time while your blaster may as well be a pea shooter.
So I look it up on gamefaqs and apparently it’s a well known fact that Hard mode is even more challenging then Jedi! Wtf!
Gamefaqs claim you need to stack up at least 25 lives for xizors palace and the skyhook level in order to beat it. Basically you need to beat the entire game only loosing 3-4 lives the whole time in order to complete it. Since Jedi is easier maybe I’ll give that a try instead

submitted by /u/rutlander
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”