Majora's Mask holographic label, broken shell

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

Majora's Mask holographic label, broken shell

Post by /n64 »

I saw a pair of eBay listings that I had been thinking on. Each one was a copy of Majora's Mask with the holographic label, but a broken shell. Originally, I thought about buying these and swapping the damaged rear shell, but on closer inspection of provided images, both halves are damaged on each. They were incredibly cheap because of both the front and rear shells were damaged to the point they could not be closed. However, the labels were still near pristine. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller of one of them to see if the game itself still works, but the other listing says it works.

I was tempted to buy one of them and a reproduction cartridge shell and see if I could safely transplant the stickers and internals to a new shell.

Has anyone else attempted this before? Or is there not really a safe way to lift the holographic label from the cartirdge? I'm not as worried about the rear sticker as there are reproductions of those, but I wouldn't mind saving that as well.

submitted by /u/Arvex
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”