My N2DSXL Review

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

My N2DSXL Review

Post by /3ds »

I own a New Nintendo 2DS XL and was thinking for a very long time to get a N3DSXL. Now I won't think I will unless I find a very cheap one. That's how I "fixed" the "downs" of the N2DSXL:

• "Cheap" feeling: got a transparent plastic case for both top and bottom parts (something like this: [url]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPFRWrhwZohK875Rli5NhiMyJgB6Gy1vjicj1XNSN08GCB8FK4[/URL]). Now it feels bigger and sturdier (and more protected)
  • Stylus: bought an extendable one that is adapted to fit very well into the N2DSXL spot ([url]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1810/1427/products/vn52kv54d4j_900x.jpg?v=1557394057[/URL])
  • Screen: I used to play at Lvl3 of Brightness in order to save battery. Since I play on LVL4 the screen looks MUCH better than before. An antiglare protector is also a good idea (some people say that N2DSXL screen is more reflective than N3DSXL one). I have a normal protector BTW.
  • As for the audio speakers, that used to bother me but it was something just mental as I never cover them with my hands (to people who cover it: how the f*** do you hold your devices? lol). If not you can always get a grip which projects the audio to the front. TBH I just noticed recently that my PSP 1000 has the speakers at the same location and never noticed about that till now so... it was just in my head.
  • Obviously there's no way to fix the lack of 3D option. Some people say it strains their eyes or makes them dizzy, others don't. I haven't tried it so I don't know.
However the N2DSXL has things that the N3DSXL hasn't:

• A cover for both :

• Game card
    • Micro sd (bye bye screws)
  • VERY light weight in comparison to the N3DSXL (260g VS 329g).
  • The L/R/ZL/ZR buttons also feel kinda more comfortable to use/reach in my opinion.
  • Better microphone location
  • More accessible home button
  • Charger included on the box
There is something else to mention about the N2DSXL: because of the speakers location the console vibrates a little bit depending on the audio/volume. It could be kinda annoying sometimes but also gives like some kind of rumble feeling
In my opinion:-

• Get a N3DSXL if:

• Plan to play original games (easy to swap game cartridges & practically no need to extract or remove the microsd)
    • Want a really "deep" experience (front speakers, better screen -if you get an IPS one-, 3D function, premium feeling).
  • Get a N2DSXL if:

• You are planning to use CFW on it and play lots of games (you will want to extract the microSD more often and the cover for game slot could be annoying if you want to swap a lot of game cartridges).
    • Want to play long sessions or want to put it in your pocket (lighter weight and smaller size when folded)
PS: gotta say that I own a very cute N2DSXL edition [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo0EHJ0qva8&feature=youtu.be&t=83[/URL])

submitted by /u/koken_halliwell
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”