Transfer a digital game from an old 2ds with save file

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Transfer a digital game from an old 2ds with save file

Post by /3ds »

I'm looking to finally upgrade to a new 3ds, but I just wanted to check with some knowledgeable people first on one thing. I have a digital copy of Pokemon X on my old 2ds with a valuable (at least valuable to me) save file. I've looked into this and I just am hoping to get a clear answer that this is the correct process:
When I get the new 3ds, complete a wireless system transfer. This will copy over the game itself, but possibly not the save file. If it does not copy the save file then I'll need to take out the old 2ds SD card, copy the contents onto my computer, then put those into the new 3ds microSD card.
I already have a microSD adapter so if that's all correct then it should be a fairly painless process, right? Please let me know if there's anything else I should expect.

submitted by /u/woodswims
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”