i put a previously used microSD card into my 3ds XL and it tells me it's corrupted even though i formatted and wiped the whol

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

i put a previously used microSD card into my 3ds XL and it tells me it's corrupted even though i formatted and wiped the whol

Post by /3ds »

before i start, apologies if the formatting is bad, im on mobile.
i don't know if this is stupid or not but i really need help. i have an old 64GB samsung microSD that i used previously in my tablet and i figured i could use it in my 3ds. i wiped everything off of it and ejected it safely from my tablet and proceeded to turn off my 3ds and put it in. it clicked and i thought it was good to go. after turning it back on, i opened up the eShop and was presented with a screen telling me that "The area of the SD Card used for saving software is corrupted." it then brought me to data management and no options or anything were shown to me. im pretty new to 3ds and i dont know much about them. i kind of figured that it was messing up because its an old 3ds (i believe my friend who gave it to me said it was 4-5 years old), but it still works well and there is no visible damage. he previously used an sd card in the 3ds, but he took it out before giving it to me. is there anything i could do to fix this? or at least, an explanation as to why it says its corrupted?

submitted by /u/grenore
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”