Master System and Genesis connection to modern tv for recording

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Master System and Genesis connection to modern tv for recording

Post by /markiiisystem »

Okay! I just got a Master System (3084) with an 8 pin DIN A/V and an RF out on the back. And a Genesis 2 which has the standard AV/RF out. Both are the NTSC versions, the Master System's RF signal is too weak to even manually tune on my tv and my old crt is just a 50hz so I can't use that. The plan is to hook up in a way that will eventually let me record speedruns/stream, be that via component, composite, or whatever works - I'm not so bothered about hdmi upscaling right now because a buddy of mine mentioned lag and issues with it, and it's going to be a fair investment as is for now to get what I need including a capture card.
My TV has component (Y/Pb/Pr), HDMI, composite and RF inputs, and can output at 480p or 480i. Can anyone advise me is there a single set of cables/equipment I can get that I could use on both consoles, and what the cheapest path forward is? I have a VCR with a SCART in but my tv doesn't have a scart connection so I'm unsure whether that would be a useful hack around anything. As for a capture card I was recommended a Dazzle.

submitted by /u/NuclearHyrule
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”