Does anybody have any insight or knowledge about this item by any chance?

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Does anybody have any insight or knowledge about this item by any chance?

Post by /xbox »

I wasn't exactly sure where the best place to ask this question was, but since it's an original Xbox accessory, I felt like this was probably my best bet. So would any of you fine fellows here please be able to help someone who isn't all that knowledgeable about the original Xbox, if it's not too much trouble?
So short story, even shorter: I went to my local thrift store and purchased an original Xbox controller that had a memory card attached to it. I had recently found an original Xbox previously at this thrift store. I thought, "Hey, good deal for three bucks" since I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have the memory card in it.
When I got home, I removed the memory card and noticed that it had a different sticker/label on it. It's just a small sticker that says "BETA 1 00373".
I attempted to Google "beta 1 00373" but that brought up zero results, and I'm not exactly sure what to even Google search to be completely honest.
Anybody possibly have any information about this? I'm assuming this thing is a knock off, but I guess it doesn't really matter since I essentially got it for free. It would just be nice to know for sure or not.
Pictures:
Front
Back/Sticker
Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

submitted by /u/pimpinelephant
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”