Genesis NHL 96

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Genesis NHL 96

Post by /genesis »

I'll keep my post brief. What is the most goals you've scored in this game? As in a single game. I should add I mean without shenanigans like pulling the other teams goalie. edit; to add to this I should mention I played this game more than any human should. I played numerous seasons usually with the Blackhawks.

To get the ball rolling for some goal counts I'd say scoring less than 30 goals a game would be a big disappointment; though every once and a while the game would ...I dont know how to describe it; not let me score and I'd only be able to get a couple goals or even get shut out.

The most memorable event of this occurring was game 1 of the Stanley Cup final of one of my many seasons; my first line center was injured in the first period and returned in the second only to spend most of it in the penalty box. I'd have to see if I still have notes on this somewhere but if I recall correctly I was losing going into the third period 7-1; in the third period my the same player injured in the first and in the box for most of the second scored 6 goals to tie it (and late in the period too) and then assisted on the goal in overtime. Just weird how that worked; almost like a ghost in the machine dictating who exactly was allowed to score.

Anyway; my record for goals in a game is over 40(I will edit this to be more specific at a later time depending on how much activity this posting gets) and I'd like to see what people post here as their most goals scored; i will say this I do have one game that stands out above what I thought would be my record.

submitted by /u/readingyourpost
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”