Cheap TV/RGB/Megadrive2 output always problems

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Cheap TV/RGB/Megadrive2 output always problems

Post by /genesis »

Hi,
I've tried everything to make a Megadrive2 PAL v1.8 (original Made in China) version working with a cheap LCD TV but no way it seems to not tollerate the output of the Megadrive 2 and only this console, no problems with a Master System.
Basically when connected I have two problems: one what's seems to be called "sync jitter" with the image not stable and moving vertically and the other is that every some seconds the image got distorted horizontally like the full screen image get stretched out of the monitor area for a fraction of second and come back ok for some seconds again.
I've tried a CSYNC cable with or without capacitors and the 470ohm attenuation, then the usual but an high quality sync-on composite cable with the capacitors etc, then a simple composite RCA cable with or without audio. Same problems.
I've tried ANOTHER Megadrive2 PAL v1.8 (original Made in Malaysia) and same problems.
With others big LCD TV and I've no problems at all with every cables. I'd have changed the TV but this one I'd like to use both as pc desktop monitor and console desktop tv for its size (a 13,3inch 16:9 TV with a good quality LCD panel)
I tried a SCART-HDMI converter but it doesn't work with PAL inputs forcing it to 60Hz and with bad colors and bad offset even if beside that ironically the converted output image doesn't suffer of these problems but I didn't want to mod the console internally.
I think it remains to try or a components yuv cable even if the price is really too high or some external RGB to Component converter, would they work? And what about building ourself a component cable out of the rgb one?
Or does exist some analog to analog "normalizer" to process the analog signal and "fixing" it for a more stable output?
The other choice would be the hyperkin hdtv hdmi cable but like every upscaler I don't like the idea of introducing latency and I've read someone talking about 4/5 frames of lag in some opinions/reviews.
Thank

submitted by /u/f982
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”