PGM single game PCB interest check

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

PGM single game PCB interest check

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Can I see a show of hands who is interested in my PGM Single Game PCBs? (Registering an interest here does NOT commit you to actually buying anything.)

One "set" is one PROG board and one CHAR board. You will receive bare PCBs only and you'll need to get and burn games yourself.

Make sure you have a programmer for 27c322 EPROMs and 16v8 GAL, and that you're comfortable soldering. (Or that you know someone locally who can do it for you.) This shouldn't be a challenge for anyone who has held a soldering iron before, though.

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…58e500d809d5831fdac233043

Features:
- fancy red colour
- ENIG gold plating
- all through-hole components
- fits into existing cartridge shells
- the CHAR board is a 2 layer PCB
- the PROG board is a 4 layer PCB
- most cartridge pins are labelled with their function, which makes troubleshooting easier
- unknown cartridge pins are routed to a pin header for easy access
- the PROG board contains a handy prototype area if you want to experiment with any extra features
- no hot snot to fix flying wires required
- no operation of 3.3V devices out of spec
- no extra voltage regulator required
- no donor PCBs required

Disadvantages:
- 27c322 EPROMs are obsolete, so you get mostly recycled parts
- this is a hobby project, so I can't give all the warranties and support as a commercial product
- only works with unencrypted games that don't use the ASIC
- probably not appropriate if you want to mass produce conversions: The EPROMs take ages to write and all the pins take ages to solder. I don't care if you do, though!
- you'll still need a donor cartridge for the plastic shell

I haven't decided on final cost, but the PCBs are not cheap to make and I need to make the cost of the prototypes back. They will be significantly cheaper than existing conversions, though.

I am happy to send them to wherever in the world Royal Mail will deliver to.

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”