Amiga CD32 Support Added! Avengers United Battle Force Fixed for OpenBOR! Core Set Update for S-NESC-PSC AND MD Mini Classics

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Amiga CD32 Support Added! Avengers United Battle Force Fixed for OpenBOR! Core Set Update for S-NESC-PSC AND MD Mini Classics

Post by /classicSNESmini »

Release Link at bottom:)
01-10-2020
It has been a wonderful 3 years with you Guys & Gals in the Mini Classic Scene! Remember, everyone, flesh out your dates, so noone can "hack" an extension onto them! 1-10-20 easily becomes 1-10-2021, 2022, etc! So, by completing it as 01-10-2020, chances of fraud are far less of a potential possibility! Stay safe!
Aside from working some Overtime, I was finally able to catch up on a few movies I wanted to see, such as Knives Out, Jo Jo Rabbit, Ford vs. Ferrari, and so on! All were fun movies, and it will be an interesting Oscar Contender change-up, this time around! Personally, my favored choice is the truly unique and fun foreign movie called Parasite! It is a genre changer, which is fun. I always got a kick out of movies that abruptly switch from genre to genre, such as From Dusk Til Dawn, Mel Gibson's Payback (in that case, due to directorial change!), and the Grindhouse Tarantino/Rodriguez mash-ups (most fun theatrical experience I have had in years:)!
TV Wise, finished up Mandalorian! I am now currently on You, the Netflix Series about a Sociopath, not too far removed from Dexter! And, being a huge horror fan, I found it interesting noticing the main female actress from You, also in the low key but decent horror movie called Countdown! If you love horror, like me, then you will likely be the type to check out about any horror movie that comes along! The general premise for Countdown is an APP one can download, that predicts when the recipient of said APP will meet their demise. Reminds me of a silly take on the not reading the fine print APPLE agreement episode of South Park:)
Video Game wise, finished up Jedi Fallen Order...not half bad! I found myself getting irritated by the unnecessary loading on most newer games, and some of the XBOX Subscription Games I downloaded, I just canceled out of pretty fast! I am very much Retro Gamer, and you simply don't have load times on 99.5 percent of Retro Games on any given moment of any day! Push Start, Play The Game! Still surprised by how different an experience it was playing the PC version of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, versus the terrible PS1 Port, which has tons and tons and tons of excruciating load times! I can handle load times, to a degree. But, right up there with unskippable cut scenes, they can get quickly irritating if they go unchecked:)
In any case, some wonderful toys to peruse for your enjoyment, this time around!

• My Philosophy!
  • Thank You!
  • Hakchi2 CE NOW Fully Supports MD Mini Classic! (Mini MD)
  • MAME 2003 Xtreme Updated with Support for Street Fighter II Arcade Custom OST! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Amiga CD32 Support Added! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Sega Saturn has performance/speed improvements! (Mini PSC ONLY!)
  • Turbo Fire Fixed for Turbografx-16/CD! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Doom Core Glitches/Crashes Cleaned Up! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • OpenBOR for PSC, for Realz! (Mini PSC)
  • Avengers United Battle Force OpenBOR Fixed for the Mini Classics (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • OpenBOR Games Galore! ((Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Amiberry (Amiga) for PSC (Better AGA!), also for Realz! (Mini PSC)
  • Bonus DOOM Games! (Mini PSC)
  • RetroArch Xtreme Updated for All Mini Classics! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • WIP!
  • Da Videos!
My Philosophy!
In this and any other Scene I have been a part of...my philosophy has been one in the same! I do my best to creatively put out stuff for others to enjoy, and help ease the stress in their daily lives! This has involved lots and lots of testing, communication with End Users, Developers, coding changes, and overall collaboration with hundreds upon hundreds of people! It really isn't a whole lot different than when I have been involved within other Scenes, including Code Breaker for Dreamcast/GBA, way way back, as well as various Emulations.
I have clearly shown that I am supportive of other Modifications, and have even helped troubleshoot many an End User with all of them! We have, just alone for PSC (Playstation Classic), some incredible modifications...such as AutoBleem, RetroBoot, and my personal Xtreme Injector Set-Up! Each of you has a choice to try these, and decide which you prefer! Same holds true for Libretro (FCEUmm, Nestopia, QuickNES, and so on!), and, of course, in reality! IE: Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Sprite, Dr Pepper; Ruffles, Pringles, Lays, Doritos! Choice is an everyday factor in life:)
Thank You!
I have made many friends in this and other Scenes! I thank all of you who I have come into contact with, day in and day out...End Users and Developers and everyone else! Those who consistently keep in contact with me, even just to say, "Hey, what's up!" You rock, too! No matter how someone treats you, do your best to be positive forward thinking. I am the type, that is someone did make fun of say..my speech impediment. And, they were broken down on the side of the road...I WOULD stop and help them! Many of you have seen how utterly patient I have been with them during extended troubleshooting sessions! I enjoy the end result of the person at the other end, seeing the reality of what they envision to happen, come true! Just don't give up easily, as yeah...Hell Yeahz! You CAN do about anything you put your mind to! If you want to be a master craftsman of something, keep at it! A few insults here and there should never stop you from what you want to do!
As usual, I can't go over EVERY thing that made it into the Release. I covered the most notable things, of course:) So, some things will be covered in Videos and follow-up Release Notes! I will also get some more Drumming in!!!
Hakchi2 CE NOW Fully Supports MD Mini Classic! (Mini MD)
Hakchi2 CE
https://github.com/TeamShinkansen/hakchi2/releases/
While all of you have been sleeping, madmonkey and DanTheMan827 have been working around the clock for several months now on MD Mini Classic Integration for via hakchi2 CE! Refer to the aforementioned link for the multitude of new features, fixes, and plethora of options added! One of my favorites is easily "additional, previously unusable space". This affects Mini MD-S-NESC!
The first MD Mini hakchi2 implementation allowed for RetroArch usage! Now, we have the real deal, full on...nearly exactly like NES/SNES Mini modding convenience, down to great perks, such as USB-HOST, Bluetooth, etc! There were many facets to account for with finding a nice harmonious, universal, application of hakchi for Mini MD/SNES/NES! But, that is now very much a reality, with hakchi 3.7.0!
MAME 2003 Xtreme Updated with Support for Street Fighter II Arcade Custom OST! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thanks to the beautiful original work and efforts of Big Blue Frontend, who is directly responsible for the method of finding hooks and swapping them out with CD Music Tracks, for the Custom OSTs, we now have yet another gem...none other than Street Fighter II Arcade! I cannot tell you how many times I have played this fantastic game over the years! In Xtras/Arcade/Samples, are the sfii.zip samples you will need to pull this off! It works most optimally with PSC, for now. It DOES, as well with MD-SNES-NES. But, it may crash to the main menu due to memory load limitations. This is easily the largest Custom OST of the bunch! This will be fixed up for the Next Release!
I give huge thanks to gpstar for taking the time to convert c++ coding of Big Blue Frontend into mame c coding for MAME 2003 Xtreme implementation, as well as the invariably amazing grant2258, who helped clean up sample stop issues!
Big Blue Frontend did an informative video related to the Street Fighter II Samples, at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rg1xkktPbo
He also has done some truly fantastical, built from the ground up, c++ coded Final Fight stuff. Be sure to check his other videos out, for this amazing stuff in action!
Thanks again, Big Blue Frontend, for helping make Custom OSTs with Arcade Games, such a beautiful thing to enjoy on the Mini Classics!
Amiga CD32 Support Added! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thanks RNS8887 and Sonninnos for their incredible work with the Amiga/Commodore 64 Cores! And, thanks madmonkey for helping with the fixing up of the build work for this particular implementation of CD32! We now have full on Amiga CD32 Support! And, it works on ALL of the Minis! For BIOS, you will need:
kick40060.CD32 (Amiga CD32), which can be installed via Master BIOS Module on MD-S-NES, and manually in system on PSC! Enjoy!
P.S. Cannon Fodder on Amiga CD32 is an exceptionally great venture that is easily the best port of said game!
Sega Saturn has performance/speed improvements! (Mini PSC ONLY!)
Incremental Performance and Speed Boost for Sega Saturn Games, this time around! Expect more fix-ups Next Release! Any games that have issues, feel free to let me know about, and I will see what I can do about them! Again, this is ONLY PSC, and will NOT work on any other Mini Classics, anytime soon!
Note: Due to the intricacies involved with finding a fine median for performance and speed, there will be a select number of games that need specialized set-ups to properly work. Two notable ones, you can run, for now...simply by having them named exactly as follows: Legend_of_Oasis and Astal This is with the Xtreme Injector set-up. If not named exactly as stated, you will have graphic glitches with Oasis, and non-boot with Astal. Looking forward to feedback, so as to account for other games that may have issues! For now, a majority run great with this latest Update, especially the SHMUPS I have previously showcased in videos, as well as Three Dirty Dwarves, Guardian Heroes, etc! Have fun!
Turbo Fire Fixed for Turbografx-16/CD! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
X, Y/ Square Triangle toggle Turbo 1/2 On/Off. This is absolutely awesome for many PCE/PCE-CD Games! Thanks to any and all who have ever worked on PCE Emulators/Cores, etc! One of my favorite games to play with Turbo Fire is Irem's incomparable port of the Arcade Great game Ninja Spirit! It is one of the first games to ever score a perfect review in more than one video game magazine, for being such a faithful port of the game, to begin with!
Doom Core Glitches/Crashes Cleaned Up! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thanks bslenul for bringing this to my attention, as well as any others who also reported to me. Crashing and Graphics Glitches are cleaned up...midi support intact!
OpenBOR for PSC, for Realz! (Mini PSC)
Thanks to the beautiful collaboration of screemer of the AutoBleem Team, we now have full fledged and absolutely true and certifiable OpenBOR implementation on PSC. I did what I could to help with performance speed and overall optimization, per usual! And, guess what, guys and gals...TMNT Rescue Palooza fully works! Yes!!! Those on MD/SNES/NES, don't fret. TMNT will be fixed in a near future Release for you guys and gals, too!
Install the latest AutoBleem from PSC folder, and then push select button a few times on the Main Menu (not RetroArch) to access OpenBOR! Game Paks can be copied to the appropriately named Pak folder!
Avengers United Battle Force OpenBOR Fixed for the Mini Classics (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thank you Douglas Baldan, aka O Illusionista, for such dedication to the OpenBOR game Avengers United Battle Force. This game had always crashed for us on the Mini Classics, until we took the time to dig a little deeper and debug exactly why it was crashing! I am now pleased to say, we now have a special, fixed up version that runs on ALL 4 of the Mini Classics! It is in on the Google Drive Link, Xtras, Games, OpenBOR! Thank you Mr. Baldan, as well as the original efforts of Doom and Jhfer, in this truly amazing example of a masterpiece OpenBOR game!
You can see this game in action in the video links below! I will do future videos showcasing this again, as well!
Lastly, a manual, to help you along...is at: http://brazilmugenteam.com/avengers/
Enjoy the game!!!
OpenBOR Games Galore! ((Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Google Drive Link, Xtras, Games, OpenBOR, I upped several hundred plus OpenBOR Games for you to peruse on all 4 of the Mini Classics! Compatibility is hit and miss. So, keep that in mind! For the moment, PSC has the better overall compatibility. But, MD/S-NESC Minis will likely have near close approximation with compatibility in a near future, if not the Next Update! I have MORE OpenBOR games I may add, as well. So, keep checking back! And, once End User feedback comes in, we will have a more comprehensive listing of what does and does not work! You will ONLY need the .pak files from each of the uploaded games!
Amiberry (Amiga) for PSC (Better AGA!), also for Realz! (Mini PSC)
We all know AGA games run awful on our lower spec Mini Classics. But, they actually run better via standalone emulator, Amiberry! I, again, collaborated with screemer of the AutoBleem Team, and helped with general optimization, performance, speed, and AGA games are actually running admirably now! Aladdin, Chaos Engine, etc, run quite nicely, considering! The needed BIOS are detailed in the ReadMe, when first opening the Emulator. Install the latest AutoBleem from PSC folder, and then push select button a few times on the Main Menu (not RetroArch) to access Amiberry! BIOS ARE absolutely required! These go in the kickstarts folder! At a minimum, you will need kick31.rom and kick40068.A1200 (named exactly as preceding!) AKA Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.68 (1993)(Commodore)(A1200).rom if loading the KMFD Xtreme Configuration File when opening Amiberry! I will do a video tutorial about the proper set-up within the next couple of days to make things easier to manage!
Bonus DOOM Games! (Mini PSC)
Thanks screemer for working this in, as well as any who have ever worked on the original games! Install latest AutoBleem, go to Main UI, push select a few times, then you will have a Doom App Icon! Enjoy the bonus Doom Games! Thanks again screemer!
RetroArch Xtreme Updated for All Mini Classics! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
For MD-S-NESC, you will have in the Mod Hub, two choices for main GUI with RetroArch Xtreme! One is Ozone, which is similar to Nintendo Switch. The other is XMB, which is like PS3/PSP! The XMB is set-up in such a way to be RetroCat Themed:) If you want to use your "own" wallpapers, use the wallpaper HMOD, and you can easily swap them out!
For PSC, enjoy the RetroCat Xtreme Themed XMB, as well as easy wallpaper swap out ability, not to mention the cool space sound effects! It is recommended that you Close Content before attempting to load another game, to keep content running seamlessly!
Speed/Performance Boost Exploit! God of War PSP Games actually work with PSC! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
The catch is, sound device must be disabled! But, I may be able to get it to work "with" sound, soon:)
Go into RetroArch Settings without content loaded. Audio, Disable Audio Device, Exit RetroArch, Re-Enter RetroArch. You will get a nominal boost in Performance and Speed, especially with troublesome games, such as God of Wars on PSC! Unfortunately, The MD-S-NESC simply do not have enough memory to appropriately handle God of War Games! But, this may change in near future Updates!
This also helps Naomi and Atomiswave Games run a great deal better, such as Dolphin Blue and Virtua NBA and so on!
I have personally enjoyed using this Exploit, and just jamming some tunes whilst playing said games with the audio device off. I have already dabbled in trying to achieve similar results with "sound device" enabled, and have gotten some promising initial test findings! So, crossing my fingers that I can bring things closer to fruition in the Next Update or few!
WIP!
I am nearly always already working on the Next Update before even posting the Current One! I am planning on adding a whole slew of additional games to the Mod Hub for MD-S-NESC minis! And, for PSC, I will add the same games to the Google Drive Link!
Also, be sure to refresh this Release Page, as I will notate additional things I am working on, or have added to Google Drive Link, and so on!
Catching up on the numerous PMs, messages, feedback, comments, etc! Thank you all for your continued Support!
Gonna do the celebration video, thanking all of you who have followed and subscribed to me on YouTube, doing a multitude of games and taking on over 4500 Enemies! I did a similar video last year, and it will be an interesting challenge attempting to do that many in succession! But, it will most certainly make for a fun video!
Da Videos!
Playstation Classic - Street Fighter II - Custom OST 3DO FTW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooURAXmKY60
Genesis Mini Classic - What if Hakchi COULD add Amiga CD32 Games and Play Them!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYSv-noxg8
Playstation Classic - Amiga CD32 Showcase Demonstration!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezkyAZutKU
Genesis Mini Classic Hacked!? What if Hakchi COULD add Games to Main UI!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BNaX1cBfBY
Playstation Classic - Amiga Better Than Ever! Amiberry Xtreme Demonstration!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up_DAn2NII4
Playstation Classic - OpenBOR - Avengers United Battle Force Demo! Double Dragon! Street Fighter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9FJyVY780
Playstation Classic - Exploiting Performance Redux! God of War!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGAc7tBP0g
Playstation Classic - OpenBOR Xtreme Demonstration!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OWsmF8qu0
Playstation Classic - OpenBOR for Real! TMNT Rescue Palooza, GI Joe, etc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yck3Qi3S1D8
Playstation Classic - Exploiting Unorthodox Performance Boost for Stubborn Cores/Games!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vuAwNYcJI
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn WIP Redux - Xtreme Performance Upgrade!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvqK89L6068
Closing Notes
You all have been incredibly great over the last three years! Looking forward to seeing where things may lead in 2020! Now it is time to work and, in between, catch up on the hundreds of messages I have gotten over the last few days! Thank all of you wonderful Ladies and Gentlemen for your ongoing support, as always!
Sincerely, KMFDManic!
And, of course, the Release!:)
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

submitted by /u/MDFMKanic
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”