ZFAST CRT settings.

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

ZFAST CRT settings.

Post by /classicSNESmini »

The SNES Classic outputs at 720.
ZFAST was intended for this resolution.
But some folks use 1080p TVs or even 4K.
(Amazingly, I just bought a Vizio D-40u-D1 at Goodwill for 50 dollars. The stock guys must not have known what it was cuz this is normally a 375 dollar television. 4K, Clear Action, built in upscaler).
My ZFAST shader parameters for 4K are...
Blur Amount ---- 0.60
Scanline Multiplier ---- 1.20
Scanline Amount ---- 0.30
Mask Effect ---- 0.30
Mask / Scanline Fade ---- 0.00
Fake Gamma ---- 0.00
On the Vizio D-40u-D1 you will need to set sharpness to 45. Anything below 30 and you'll get this weird effect of the scanlines not showing through objects like the pillars in the first stage of Mega Man X. The outer part of the pillar will have the lines but the inner part looks blurry. Not sure what's up with that.
Also, if you try to plug the HDMI from the SNES Classic into the yellow slot that says 4K @ 60 hertz, it's going to get random flickers. Just use the other port that says 4K @ 30 hertz.
I have an older Vizio 24 inch (VX240M) that runs at 1080p, just a regular old LCD with CCFL lighting, it's smaller, older, and yet somehow has more clarity than the 4K LED. Nice little desktop monitor. I used that to test my ZFAST settings before snagging the D-40u-D1.
On 1080p, my ZFAST settings are...
95, 80, 30, 20.
Obviously if you were using Retroarch on a PC and using the CRT Royale shader or something else you'd be getting a much nicer effect, but ZFAST is the best shader for the SNES Classic.

submitted by /u/Fluffy_Little_Fox
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”