Gdemu clone v5.15b impressions

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Gdemu clone v5.15b impressions

Post by /dreamcast »

So I got my clone in the other day. Man I love this thing. I have 3 32gb sdhc cards loaded in alphabetical order with the top dreamcast games from us/jap (tons of shmups, arcade racers and fighting games). I used the sd card menu maker and once I figured it out, it was a breeze to add games. I have a 3d printed sd holder coming Monday to help with the swapping the cards.
I got it for 70 bucks free shipping on Ebay. I run through an ossc via a cheap VGA cable (retro access rgb cable coming this week, as well). The image is crisp, clear and colorful. I switched the ossc to dtv mode to get the proper dreamcast aspect ratio, as well.
Overall, this device is awesome. It is mostly a breeze to set up, is easy to navigate and fire up games and the console does get hot but I don't play for long periods of time so I'm not worried about overheating.
I'm looking into getting a dchdmi kit and sending it out to get installed but I'll have to save for that.
If there is anyone out there wondering about the clone, I have had 0 issues so far. If you want to ask any questions fire away!

submitted by /u/jrs798310842
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”