ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Post by Arcade-Projects »

This discussion started in a few other threads but I think it needs it's own.
I got in the prototype ATAPI/IDE drive emulation device in from Colin yesterday and had a chances to do some testing on System 573. It still needs some polishing but so far it's very promising...
arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…281cde08f2a1bbe9bfb529728

I'll post my findings in this thread as I do more testing...

EDIT:
For those of you who don't know this device is designed to replace an IDE based Disc Drive in hardware platforms like Konami System 573 and Namco System 2x6. It was developed by Colin David Munro primarily for use with the System 573 to replacing the annoying disc drive in DDR machines, but I'm hoping I can beta test and make sure the System 246 and 256 are supported by the time it's ready for sale.

Estimated release price will be about $200, If you're interested in getting on the waiting list for this you can do so here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI…Fq3kC6nKY36a4Otw/viewform

I'm not involved in the production or sales of this device. I learned about it myself on a facebook group here: facebook.com/groups/1955403444…rmalink/2129610337312645/ and simply pestered the poor guy to let me be a beta tester give him feedback for improving it for use on system 2x6 Image

If you know of other hardware platforms that could benefit from this please let me know it'd be great to get this proven out on as many platforms as possible.

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”