Left analog stick leans right

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

Left analog stick leans right

Post by /playstation2 »

I was having a hard time in the original Spyro, I couldn't find my PS1 controllers so I was using my PS2 controller. I was having a very hard time with some of the jumps, I swear it felt like Spyro kept leaning to the right and it was hard to make him turn left.
Turns out... that's exactly what was happening. I noticed that rarely, Spyro will turn right on his own, spinning the stick around stopped it... but then I tried testing it and the stick is still off. If I so much as look at the left stick funny towards the right, Spyro turns right. I have to push the stick a fair amount to the left before he will start turning left however, so it's clearly skewed towards the right.
Trying to re-calibrate the controller doesn't help, it seems to be actually like this, and I already tried cleaning the controller, didn't help.
Are there any suggestions or guides on trying to fix this? Right now I have a makeshift fix by holding it slightly to the right to intentionally mis-calibrate it on boot, which then makes the center position actually the center position... but I need to do this every time I boot the game, and if I push it too far or too little it's still mis-calibrated. It's not a permanent fix or long-term solution.

submitted by /u/Cyber_Akuma
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”