Sentinel Supergun - Prototype

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Sentinel Supergun - Prototype

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd showcase the current progress of my supergun. My intent is to offer a middle range product at a bottom range price. My opinion is that my supergun is beyond that of similar units such as the Vogatek, Mak-Strike, Retroelectronik but beneath that of the HAS. Basically somewhere in the middle.

Specs:

Powered by a 20/24 pin ATX PSU. Pico ATX works fine too. Can also be powered via a traditional arcade PSU via an additional harness. Switch to power on/off.

Onboard negative 5V generation. Toggled via a switch to enable/disable.

Voltmeter with switch to toggle 5V/12V readings.

3 x LED's to indicate voltage presence and serve as a power indicator. Red LED for 5V, yellow for 12V and white for -5V.

RGB scart video/audio output via Sega Mega Drive 2 cable. Composite video and audio output via RCA. S-video output.

Mono/stereo switch. Audio attenuation with a switch to enable/disable. Bridged mono or stereo audio can be output via either scart or the onboard RCA's.

Individual RGB knobbed trimpots.

Switch to toggle attenuated sync or TTL.

RGB buffered via THS7314.
Sync buffered via LM1881.

Coin/test/service tactile switches.

Kick harness connector.

Onboard Neo-Geo controller connectors x 2.

Optional Snes to Neo-Geo controller adapter.
Mega Drive to Neo-Geo controller adapter currently in development.

Performance wise I'm very happy. RGB is as stunning as you would expect. S-video is fabulous, in fact if I didn't have RGB capable monitors I'd be more than happy sticking with s-video. Composite video is good with room for improvement however perfectly fine as is. I've tested on a wide range of CRT and modern LCD displays without issue. Also tested with a Hydra scart switcher, RGB to YUV and RGB to HDMI encoder without issue.

Audio is clear and I've not encountered any issues.

Have ran a variety of boards through it without issue. E.g. Neo-Geo, CPS1, CPS2, Atomiswave, PGM, STV, F3, System 16, 60-in-1 and a variety of other boards such as Robocop, Shadow Warriors, Double Dragon etc.

Excuse the crappy soldering, threw this one together very quickly as I was on my way out.

Anyhow I think that covers most of it. Let me know what you think. Not ready for production or sale as of yet but hopefully soon.

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”