Help Burning BIN/TOC files from MAME

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Help Burning BIN/TOC files from MAME

Post by Arcade-Projects »

So I recently picked up some Konami M2 hardware and I've been trying to get it working.

Some games need a different disc image for 24kHz and 15kHz video modes, I don't have any JAMMA cabs setup for 24kHz and the only discs I have are 24kHz so I've been trying to burn some 15kHz versions from MAME.

The discs seem to have a lot of sub-channel data which is lost unless they're extracted from CHD to a BIN/TOC format. and As far as I can tell CDRDAO is the only software that can burn these.

I could not for the life of me find any windows compiled binaries for this so I had to make my own.
Then I couldn't get it to recognize my burner until I found a ASPI drive that worked.
Then I had to play around with a bunch of settings just it get it to not fail instantly with my Optiarc brand burner
and even not it will complete a burn, and then throw some errors after completion like "Open test complete failed".

I found the XDuplicator GUI for it hoping that it might help and I didn't get any further with that.

I spent half the day trying to get a successful burn and I'm completely out of ideas.

In the past I've used this burner with Nero or Discjuggler to do system 2x6, system 573, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Gamecube discs, etc. without any problem.

-------------------
So does anyone know of an alternative software for burning BIN/TOC files? or is there any good documentation for getting CDRDAO running reliably in Windows? Image

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”