I always resort to 3DS instead of Switch when I can’t decide what to play

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

I always resort to 3DS instead of Switch when I can’t decide what to play

Post by /3ds »

I’m a big fan of the Switch and 3DS. I have a decent library of games for both systems. But without fail, when I’m indecisive about what to play, 9 times out of 10 I end up playing the 3DS.
The 3DS is much more portable and comfortable (despite recently picking up the Switch Lite). I’m a big handheld gamer and the Switch feels so heavy, and Switch Lite is great but personally I think the aesthetic and overall design of the 3DS is more ergonomic.
It also comes down to the game library. Graphics have never been that important to me, I’m more about gameplay. I sink countless hours into AC: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokémon, and more. I also have a decent DS library that I play regularly.
Sometimes I can’t quite pinpoint why I’m so in love with the 3DS, but there’s just something about it, always has been. I don’t really care that Switch is the future. I enjoy both, and I don’t foresee letting the 3DS go anytime soon. As someone who still has the SNES hooked up, I don’t abandon a system just because time says so.

submitted by /u/Zelda1433
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”