An update on one of our FMCB guides. It has been broken for an unknown amount of time. Workaround inside.

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

An update on one of our FMCB guides. It has been broken for an unknown amount of time. Workaround inside.

Post by /playstation2 »

So, in our sidebar we have a link to guides for getting FMCB on both the fat and slim PS2 models, depending on which you own. These guides have requirements, namely 007: Agent Under Fire and the '/r/PS2 Package', which provides the necessary files needed to actually get FMCB on your memory card.
It was brought to my attention that the link to the PS2 Package has been taken down by Mediafire, and unfortunately, I cannot change the link as I do not have access to the site. If one of the other moderators can figure out who owns the website, we can change it, but for now I'll be providing a Google drive link to the files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yopBRRqodutj4kkc5bSSSjwgQSPBk6Nv/view?usp=sharing
The reason it was initially taken down is because of IMGBurn. The latest and most stable version of IMGBurn unfortunately comes with adware, but that is opt in and you must explicitly allow it to be installed. Regardless, IMGBurn is still the best and recommended software for burning disks for the PS2. There are alternatives, but many of them may not be good for the PS2 in specific due to lack of burn speed support, and those that are only allow for free trials.
If you do not wish to use IMGBurn, you can instead resort to using either one of these programs, but I hear some of these may also have adware:

1. UltraISO
  2. MagicISO
  3. PowerISO
If you guys have any personal recommendations, I'll add them in, but only if they actually work for the PS2 in specific. Sorry for any inconviences.

submitted by /u/X-the-Komujin
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”