Some Questions About Master System / Mark III

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Some Questions About Master System / Mark III

Post by /markiiisystem »

I have a few questions that I can't seem answer through my Googling. I'd appreciate some help as a new Master System collector.

1. I know that PAL games play on NTSC-U consoles, but is there any difference because of the 50/60Hz refresh rates? I wonder because of expensive games like Sonic the Hedgehog that are so much cheaper across the pond.
  2. If I purchase a Japanese Master System MK-2000, can the FM audio be turned off when I want to listen to the PSG audio?
  3. Is there a better alternative to getting a Japanese MK-2000 if I want authentic FM sound and a complete SMS experience?
  4. Is Tim Worthington's FM sound board 100% identical in sound to the official FM sound unit?
Thanks! I am amassing a collection slowly and finding it an interesting experience since I never even knew the SMS existed when I was a kid.

submitted by /u/LunaticVoice
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”