N3DSXL small ribbon cables problem

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

N3DSXL small ribbon cables problem

Post by /3ds »

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] Image [/TD]
[TD] Please forgive my lack of skill in explaining things.
I bought a "broken" new 3ds xl from a pawnshop. The only issue with it was the "An Error has occured. Press down the power button" thing showing up after about 20 seconds everytime you turned it on, so I read some fixing guides on the internet, figured it's an easy fix and bought it with intention of refurbishing it and gifting to my sis. But the thing is, I am a dumb idiot and I didn't notice all the guides i read were for the OLD 3ds XL, not new, and included reconnecting the wi-fi card which i couldn't find inside my n3ds. I also didn't read into them enough to know that there's a thing called a safe mode that would most likely resolve my issue. That's when I asked my boyfriend for help with looking for anything that could be wrong inside and unfortunatelly while i was away his non-delicate hands broke a few hinges/clips/plugs (whatever you call it) of the smaller ribbon cables inside aaaand it won't turn on anymore at all. The led still lights on when you plug the charger in so it's not completly disconnected from the main board, but it does not react to the power button. Here's how it looks like:
You can see the side part on the right is missing so it's not keeping the cable well in place. Also nor me nor my bf were able to close it completly no matter the force used. Worth noting this one was actually broken the first time I opened it up myself when it still turned on.
And those two are what my clumsy boy broke. The right one also refuses do close down completly so it stayed like this.
And my question is:
Is there any way to fix this? Or is it now beyond repair and i ducked myself?

submitted by /u/ProtatoAmek
[link] [comments] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”