Old original xbox very likely has leaking clock capacitor?

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Old original xbox very likely has leaking clock capacitor?

Post by /xbox »

So I just got my first original Xbox in the mail today. I don’t know a lot about them yet. Took it out of the box. Looked sharp. Then I took a look at the manufacturing date, and got a bad feeling. December 20th, 2001. Immediately, my mind turned to the clock capacitor, but I pushed the thought aside and continued. Found it kind of odd that it turned on as soon as I plugged it in. Is this normal? Anyways, I set up the date and time and it seemed to be working great. Awesome. Then I tried to turn it off. Nope. Pressed the button again. Nothing. Pressed it harder. Nothing once again. I had to unplug it to turn it off. Did some research and I found out it’s likely one of my worst fears about this thing: a leaking clock capacitor. I have ZERO technical know-how when it comes to opening stuff up. Do you guys think it’s the clock capacitor, and if so, what do I do? Take it out?

submitted by /u/briannanimal
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”