Problem setting up psx-pi-smbshare in PS2

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Problem setting up psx-pi-smbshare in PS2

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for help with setting up psx-pi-smbshare for my Sony PlayStation 2 SCPH-90004. I've already installed FunTuna (Free McBoot v1.8 for Fortuna) with Open PS2 Loader v1.0.0 and can play games from a USB. Now, I want to enhance my setup using a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 4GB of RAM and a 32GB micro SD card, running the latest Raspberry Pi OS Lite (64-bit). I've configured my Raspberry Pi and can access it via SSH.

So far, I've tried setting up psx-pi-smbshare twice. The first time, I followed the instructions in issue #10 on the psx-pi-smbshare GitHub repository. The second time, I tried the same steps but without XlinkKai. In both cases, I could see and interact with the SMB share folder on my network. I also configured the OPL Network settings based on a YouTube tutorial titled "What Happens When You Connect A PS2 To A Raspberry Pi? | PSX-Pi SMB Share".

For the setup, I installed the latest Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit lite and then the psx-pi-smbshare using the setup.sh script. In my first attempt, I followed the script as is. In my second attempt, I made some modifications: I commented out lines 65-85, removed `\n@reboot bash /home/${USER}/launchkai.sh` from line 93, and commented out line 100 to install without XLink Kai.

Please let me know if you need more details or clarification.
submitted by /u/mrat99
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... re_in_ps2/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”