Dualshock 3 odd blinking

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Dualshock 3 odd blinking

Post by /p3 »

I have a new dualshock 3 that I just picked up. I'm fairly certain it has a completely dead battery because it's been in it's plastic packaging since 2009 and it has an odd blinking pattern while I'm attempting to charge it.

Hooked up to my PS3 or PC with the controller off, all four lights blink 10 times, stop for 10 seconds, then blink again 10 times. As far as I know this pattern just keeps repeating. None of my other dualshock 3 controllers do this while charging. It seems normal charging behavior is all four lights keep blinking until it is fully charged. Has anyone seen this before? I did some googling and I can't find any information about it.

The controller won't turn on if it's not plugged in. It will pair to my ps3 while plugged in. Again all, this is pointing to a dead battery but I would have thought there would be some information about 10 blinks as an error code or something.
submitted by /u/SnooPeripherals1478
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... _blinking/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”