8002F1F9 repair - module is getting 1.8v, but still in the loop. looking for help on what to do next

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

8002F1F9 repair - module is getting 1.8v, but still in the loop. looking for help on what to do next

Post by /p3 »

hi, basically what it says in the title. i’ve been wrangling with this Super Slim that has a broken BT chip. It originally would not boot due to a short. I managed to fix the short and replace the voltage regulator, and now the entire chip is receiving 1.8v as it should, but it is still stuck in the boot loop. if i buy a new module and replace, and that one gets the proper 1.8v, should i be out of the woods with this?

i would just get a new ps3, but this one is apparently sentimental and has data my girlfriends family would like to keep. pictures, home videos, etc. i’ve made it my mission to fix it, and i’m so close yet so far. so i just want to confirm that i’m on the right track - new voltage regulator -> chip is getting 1.8v, but still have the error. if i replace and that one gets 1.8v, i should be good, right? any unforeseen issues i should know about?
submitted by /u/tacitusinvictus
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... but_still/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”