CEC-CTL won't turn the volume up

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

CEC-CTL won't turn the volume up

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hi, i'm now working on a program that uses cec-ctl to do many things, such as turn on, off and switch the HDMI source (a TV for example). I also tested cec-client and the results are worse and slower.

I've tried commands to change the volume of the device, but none of them seem to work. I get an answer from cec-ctl, however the TV stays at the same volume. Any ideas?

Here are some examples:

root@raspberrypi:~ # cec-ctl -d/dev/cec0 --user-control-pressed ui-cmd=volume-up --to tv Driver Info: Driver Name : vc4_hdmi Adapter Name : vc4-hdmi-0 Capabilities : 0x0000011e Logical Addresses Transmit Passthrough Remote Control Support Connector Info Driver version : 6.1.21 Available Logical Addresses: 1 DRM Connector Info : card 1, connector 32 Physical Address : 1.0.0.0 Logical Address Mask : 0x4000 CEC Version : 2.0 Vendor ID : 0x000c03 (HDMI) OSD Name : 'TV' Logical Addresses : 1 (Allow RC Passthrough) Logical Address : 14 (Specific) Primary Device Type : TV Logical Address Type : TV All Device Types : TV RC TV Profile : None Device Features : None Transmit from Specific to TV (14 to 0): USER_CONTROL_PRESSED (0x44): ui-cmd: volume-up (0x41) Sequence: 6372 Tx Timestamp: 334209.307s ​

root@raspberrypi:~ # cec-ctl -d/dev/cec0 --user-control-pressed ui-cmd=volume-up --to=0 Driver Info: Driver Name : vc4_hdmi Adapter Name : vc4-hdmi-0 Capabilities : 0x0000011e Logical Addresses Transmit Passthrough Remote Control Support Connector Info Driver version : 6.1.21 Available Logical Addresses: 1 DRM Connector Info : card 1, connector 32 Physical Address : 1.0.0.0 Logical Address Mask : 0x4000 CEC Version : 2.0 Vendor ID : 0x000c03 (HDMI) OSD Name : 'TV' Logical Addresses : 1 (Allow RC Passthrough) Logical Address : 14 (Specific) Primary Device Type : TV Logical Address Type : TV All Device Types : TV RC TV Profile : None Device Features : None Transmit from Specific to TV (14 to 0): USER_CONTROL_PRESSED (0x44): ui-cmd: volume-up (0x41) Sequence: 2495 Tx Timestamp: 333479.190s ​
submitted by /u/CharisardTT
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... volume_up/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”