My Dreamcast keeps shutting itself off with Orange light still on.

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

My Dreamcast keeps shutting itself off with Orange light still on.

Post by /dreamcast »

I decided to turn on my Dreamcast after years of not playing it. The first thing i noticed is that i wasn't getting any image from the TV (LED), so i assumed it was the video cable, but i already fixed it out and i can safely say is not that.

The issues i have are

1.- The dreamcast doesnt turn on without a disc inside most of the time. Trying to turn it on results in just a plain black screen, no sound, no fans, no reader or anything. The only thing visible is the orange light on the console on at all times, and thats all. I was able to power it without a disc just fine but the console went to the time selector and shut itself off.

2.-With a disc inside, the Dreamcast goes trough the boot screen, but after that i get a black screen with the orange light on. Sometimes its before and sometimes its after finishing.

Does anyone have any idea on what could the problem be?.
submitted by /u/linkchidori
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... _off_with/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”