Pi3 horribly slow for a while - thermal problem?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Pi3 horribly slow for a while - thermal problem?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have a Pi3B with 1GB RAM. I hadn't plugged it in in over 2 years. It had a 16GB SD card with older Raspian. It's connected to an "official" Pi 7 inch display (not that it matters). Plugged it in, watched it start up (wow, so much slower than my Pi4s). Then SSH into it. Login, type 'ls' and watch it freeze. After a few minutes I get the list. Then it won't even display keypresses and finally the SSH shell disconnects. Start another shell and the same behavior.

I have an unused 32GB SD card, so I format it and write the newest Raspberry PiOS (I chose 32 bit). Surely this will fix it. But it doesn't - I get the same sluggish behavior and another timeout.

Go away and 20 minutes later I connect keyboard and mouse, the shell on the 7 inch screen is speedy.

Open a new remote shell and it's totally normal! No more sluggish behavior. Reboot and no more sluggish behavior.

It sure seems like a thermal problem. It wasn't like this two years ago. Any thoughts?
submitted by /u/SeekingSublime
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... l_problem/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”