How can I run Pihole on only (1of3) SSID's on my network?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

How can I run Pihole on only (1of3) SSID's on my network?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

How I set up PiHole was that I went into my router settings > DNS > and changed the primary and secondary DNS ip to the raspberry pi.

Got everything working but then my girlfriend freaked TF out when she couldn't access google ads items. I whitelisted one but then another one got blocked. Long story short, she's crazy + would rather have no pihole on the network.

On my router, I have main SSID with 5ghz and a 2.4ghz IoT SSID.

On my Amplify Alien router I'm unable to create new subnets so what I did was enable guest network "changed the name so she doesnt think she's a guest in her own house lol" and then I plan to give her that login as her own internet connection with no pihole enabled.

How do I actually accomplish this in the pihole settings? I want the pihole to only work on the main network, (and maybe the IoT network) but not the guest network.

EDIT: chatGPT suggest I add the pihole DNS into each browser im using. I dont want to do that though. I just went to a bunch of ads and whitelisted everything. I think they are all working now. I just need for sale items clickable.
submitted by /u/murkr
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... ids_on_my/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”