Raspberry Pi Os not detecting HDMI audio output.

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Raspberry Pi Os not detecting HDMI audio output.

Post by /RaspberryPi »

In the past few days, I've encountered a couple of issues with my Raspberry Pi 3 setup, and I'm seeking some advice to resolve these problems. My Raspberry Pi 3 is currently connected to a VGA LCD monitor via an HDMI to VGA adapter, and the monitor has built-in speakers that are connected through the audio pass-through on the HDMI to VGA adapter.

One of the issues arose when I encountered an unrelated problem with the operating system. In an attempt to fix it, I decided to perform a reinstallation. However, after reinstalling the OS, I noticed that the option to output audio through HDMI was no longer available. Despite trying various solutions, like accessing the raspi-config file to change the default audio source and changing the nano config file to force HDMI, I have been unable to restore the HDMI audio option. Strangely, when I right-click the speaker icon, the only available option is now "AV jack," with the HDMI audio setting missing entirely.

Prior to the reinstallation, I could see both the AV jack and HDMI audio settings when right-clicking the speaker icon, which allowed me to choose the appropriate audio output. Unfortunately, after the OS reinstallation, the HDMI audio option has vanished, and I'm only left with the AV jack as the audio output option.

I would highly appreciate any advice or guidance on how to address this particular issue and regain the ability to select HDMI audio as my output once again. Thank you for your assistance!
submitted by /u/nwl5
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... io_output/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”