software recommendation for managing a video feed from raspberry pi zero w (youtube 24/7 streaming)

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

software recommendation for managing a video feed from raspberry pi zero w (youtube 24/7 streaming)

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Not sure exactly how to ask this question so bear with me.

My goal: stream 24/7 video to youtube live using a raspberry pi zero w with camera module

My current solution: I am using some command line code and cron (which is working) to send the video feed to youtube.

raspivid -o - -t 0 -vf -hf -fps 30 -b 6000000 | ffmpeg -re -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero -f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -acodec aac -ab 128k -g 50 -strict experimental -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/PRIVATE-KEY The problem: mThis sends the video feed directly to youtube. So, if the pi fails and needs to be rebooted, youtube receives no signal and will end the stream.

my proposed solution: I believe I need to send the video feed to a video management software on a second raspberry pi, and then send that software's feed to youtube. This way. if the camera pi fails, I can reboot it and the in-between software will still send signal to youtube with a "temporarily unavailable" message or something.

My questions:
  • what would you recommend for this project?
  • is there a way to send my camera pi video feed via wifi to a secondary pi?
  • is there some sort of video feed management software that exists for the second pi to manage video feed?
  • Can this be done better/faster with custom code?

submitted by /u/destinationsound
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... ideo_feed/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”