Pokemon Silver clock refuses to change - NOT THE BATTERY

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Pokemon Silver clock refuses to change - NOT THE BATTERY

Post by /gameboy »

Hey y'all, new to the sub but not new to the dmg life. I've been repairing my dad's old dmg and added a backlight to the original screen. Long story short, I've been playing the original Silver for years now. I finally got the DMG ready to play , and excitedly plugged Pokemon into it to test out the new backlight. Everything works great, my save from two years ago was even still on there. Played for a bit, then saved. I turned it back on the next day to discover the clock hasn't advanced at all. No problem, I thought. 99.999% of the time, it's the battery getting ready to die. Well, I put the game in the DMG, changed the battery, and still nothing. I changed the battery for a second time, soldering the contacts each time. I tested the legs on the board of the game cart to verify they're getting 5v, which they are. It's a CR2025 model game. I've just replaced and re-soldered the crystal oscillator, and that has changed nothing. What's the next step??
TL;DR my Pokemon Silver game refuses to advance the clock even though I've replaced the battery twice with solder and replaced the crystal oscillator. What's next?

submitted by /u/Jennys_Got_A_Gun
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”