Xbox One X often stuck on black screen when turning up

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

/xboxone
Corporate

Xbox One X often stuck on black screen when turning up

Post by /xboxone »

Hello,
My dear Xbox One X just turned 4 last week. The first 2 years of owning it went smoothly and I was really in love with the 4K games and overall experience of the console.
Then, I don't recall when precisely, I started having a lot of issues with connection to xbox network and xbox live, randomly I was disconnected when playing and stuff like that. Looking into the problem, I found out that I had to open some ports on the router to have Open NAT and ease connectivity to xbox services. Now the issues with connection to xbox network are going slightly better, but still I incur in some issues that I don't know how to proper address.
Right now, Xbox is stuck on a black screen since 1 hour. I was having connectivity problems this morning, I got kicked out of Slay the Spire a couple of times because I wasn't able to sign properly in with my Microsoft account. After a couple of hard restarts (where I also plugged off the console), apparently everything was going better. Then, upon the third restart caused by a disconnection, I'm now stuck with a black screen (xbox is turned on, and if I long press the xbox button on the controller, it vibrates and I'm able to shut the console down).
I guess it's updating or something. This happened in the past and I had to restart the console many times to be able to see the update progress bar (most of the times stuck). I had to hard reset the console or download the firmware update and apply it manually with a USB stick to make it work again.
Now every time the black screen appears, I know I'll have to fight through a lot of restarts and tweaks to make the console work again. I'm really pissed off by it happening, I thought once I found out that I had to open ports on the router that I was done with the issues but I continue having them. This is ruining the overall experience and I'm seriously thinking of throwing the xbox (now out of warranty) in the trash bin and get a Playstation.
Does any of you had the same experience with Xbox One? Any hints that I could look into to understand why this is happening to me and how to solve it once and for all? Today I had a free morning for work and I wanted to play but, as already happened so many times before, I'm cursing and trying to make the damn console working again.

submitted by /u/guidoilbaldo
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox One Forum”