Some games get stuck on loading screens but others work fine

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

Some games get stuck on loading screens but others work fine

Post by /playstation2 »

I bought a second hand PS2 the other day, and tried booting up guitar hero 1, but it got stuck on the loading screen, at the harmonix logo. After that I tried booting up ratchet and clank 2, and it booted up fine, but crashed after the first cutscene. Finally, I tried spider-man 2 and so far it’s run just fine. I’m not sure if my PS2 is making weird noises or not, because I’ve not used one in ages so I don’t know what they’re supposed to sound like. I can clearly hear the console read discs but that’s normal I think? The ratchet 2 disc seems to have been damaged, so I get why that one doesn’t work, and I have other games I haven’t tried yet like shadow of the colossus and MGS 2 and 3.
Does anyone know what could be causing issues? The console is somewhat dusty, does that matter? Also I had the exact same issue with guitar hero 1 with a PS2 I bought but had returned because I thought it didn’t work.

submitted by /u/Larremannen
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”