PAL GameCube on HDTV help please

[Released: 2001] The GameCube, with the Game Boy Player attachment, it is able to play Game Boy/Color, and Game Boy Advance titles. It's successor, the Wii, supports backward compatibility. Panasonic released a DVD player hybrid Gamecube.

/gamecube
Corporate

PAL GameCube on HDTV help please

Post by /gamecube »

I know this topic has come up numerous times on the sub and I've read most of the posts from 2017 but I still can't find a clear answer for my situation.
I recently re-purchased a GameCube which came with a SCART lead. The TV I have upstairs has SCART input for done reason so tested it and all was fine. I quite enjoyed the non HD images that took me back to my youth.
I was to try and have it set up on my main TV which doesn't have scart but does have component av input (it looks like it doubles up as composite as well). I bought an after market composite cable but the colours were washed out. I could buy an official composite cable but I'm slightly concerned the TV might be playing a factor.
I've just ordered a SCART to HDMI converter, although with some of the replies I was reading I'm not holding out much hope it will be a solution.
I've read about carby, kaico etc but have seen views that they are wasted on a PAL GameCube, likewise I certainly don't want to fork out for an official component cable.
I'm not too bothered about achieving amazing picture quality, as long as it's similar to the original quality. I just want to be able to play it on my main TV. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

submitted by /u/JD6942
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Gamecube Forum”