Issue with Network Settings in stock dash causing a crash (SID 5.11)

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Issue with Network Settings in stock dash causing a crash (SID 5.11)

Post by /xbox »

hello fellow Insignia hopefuls
I have a SID 5.11 install with XBMC that I've been using since I first softmodded it a few years ago. I was able to successfully register the console with the Insignia app and wanted to do a connection test to see if everything was working okay.
When I boot into the stock MS dash and go to Network Settings, the green circle spins for a couple seconds, freezes, then boots me back to XBMC. I've tried launching the MS dash both from the C: drive as well as from the backup in E: but it still won't let me get into Network Settings. I've seen a post about a similar issue that results in an Error 21, but I don't get an error here, I just get kicked back to XBMC.
Is there something I'm missing here? I know SID 5.11 is old but I wasn't aware of any issues with the stock dash or anything. Do I need to update to a newer version of SID or convert the existing softmod to Rocky5? Pretty stumped on what could be causing this other than the Insignia patch somehow making the console freak out when it goes into Network Settings

submitted by /u/FFStudios
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”