Demons of Asteborg strange bug... have others seen this?

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Demons of Asteborg strange bug... have others seen this?

Post by /genesis »

First of all, I just wanted to say that I love this game, and I love the idea of new games coming out for classic systems... such a cool thing. This game especially though looks and plays great.
I did pay for this game, but it is the digital version. For the most part the game plays amazing and I have no issues. So far I have played it mostly on the Miyoo Mini and the Genesis Core on the Analogue Pocket. The one serious issue I have seen on both platforms is that after beating the first level the save file allows me to continue at the second stage. It starts fine and I can play the game almost perfectly... but the C button doesn't seem to work... so I can't use magic. I can play for a while but eventually you get to spots where you need the magic to drop something down etc... and I get stuck.
As far as I know, it would be fine if I played through the game in one sitting and didn't use the save file... but that kind of defeats the purpose of the save feature (and I don't always have time to play through the whole game each time I feel like playing it). I have gotten to this point probably 20 times in the game, but always the same thing happens.
Has anybody else seen this happen? Hopefully it doesn't do that on the cartridge version (I'm assuming I'd hear some pissed off people otherwise).

submitted by /u/Gwyndion
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”