PS2 Disc Read Problems

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

PS2 Disc Read Problems

Post by /playstation2 »

So today I picked up a PS2 alongside Gran Turismo 3 and 4, and I've had some disc read errors, probably unsurprisingly. I have tried three discs with the console and have had the following problems:
Gran Turismo 2 Simulation Mode disc: Console reads and detects the disc, but after it's selected it boots me back to the browser menu. Disc seems fine, no major scratches.
Gran Turismo 3: Console reads the disc mostly just fine, though it did start hitching on the opening FMV before freezing. I was able to skip the FMV though and the game ran fine from what I tested. Disc is one or two light scratches, but nothing deep.
Gran Turismo 4: Console stays stuck in "Reading Disc...", never throwing an error. I can hear the motor making clicking noises as it attempts to read it. Disc is in flawless condition.
I'm not really sure what the issue is but it's kinda bumming me out. I'd like to get this to work. It wasn't too expensive but I've been wanting a PS2 for a while.

submitted by /u/Mallow-kun
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”