(HELP) Am I an idiot? Am I a buffoon? A pinhead?

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

(HELP) Am I an idiot? Am I a buffoon? A pinhead?

Post by /xB360 »

I lived the PlayStation life nigh on a few years ago until I purchased a used Xbox 360 S from an old chum of mine. It was like, $30 or something. Whatever.
What I’m getting at is that I can’t tell if this is an operator error or a machine error - I’ll start from the beginning.
I enlist myself in the Xbox Live army, downloaded Minecraft, Castlevania SOTN, and played the balls out of Bioshock 2. I made good progress in these endeavors. I saved all of this data to my memory unit because, like, I don’t know, I guess that I didn’t feel like bothering to figure out how 360 storage works. But alas, I began to run out of space. I inserted an 8GB USB into my Xbox and ****ed around or something. I tried to transfer my memory unit data to my new USB Storage device aaand it’s gone.
It’s all gone. Game saves, everything. I can redownload the arcade games for free, but my saves are in deleted data purgatory, like the place from that Mexican movie about the kid who played the guitar. I can’t remember the name of that movie but it was pretty good. I’m high. Back to the point.
I then decide to download the Bioshock 2 DLC, Minerva’s Den, but I need more than 512MB for it. I gently insert my throbbing USB stick into the console once more expecting to be able to download the DLC onto my USB. I think that it worked, because I got to play the DLC and I created a save. The next day, there’s 2.5GB in my memory unit now, and I can’t access my save. Something about it’s dependent on content that I don’t have access to anymore, I have to redownload it or something. That’s a total boner.
So now I’m afraid to make any progress in anything because I figure that it’ll be plucked away from me like an ingrown nose hair. I’d redownload Minerva’s Den now that my memory unit says it has 2.5GB available, but I’m afraid that by doing that my 360 will pull some more hocus pocus bull****.
What is wrong with me? Am I ever going to succeed? Is it my fault? Am I doing something wrong? Is my girlfriend lying to me when she says that she thinks my goatee looks better trimmed? I think it looks better when it’s kind of sketchy. It compliments my, like, ambience or something.
Am I an idiot? Am I a buffoon? A pinhead?
What you should know:
  1. I formatted the silly thing.
  2. I understand that I’m just doing something wrong, but I’m the type that needs reassurance. I sunk $30 into this thing and probably even more.
  3. I have no idea what I’m doing and have no concept of what any of this means.
  4. This isn’t a troll, it’s just difficult for me to ask for help once I’ve dug myself in this deep.
  5. My goatee color is black and is currently around 2â€￾ length.
Help please!

submitted by /u/cheese****er2017
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”