Looking to create my "Dream" handheld, looking for ideas on how to do it

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Looking to create my "Dream" handheld, looking for ideas on how to do it

Post by /gameboy »

So I've mostly been on r/GameBoy to post my Game Boy Roulette series, but recently I've gained more of an interest in wanting to mod a system. This was all sparked by a dream I had where I actually had a console that I would consider my dream console: it's the general case of the GBA SP, but within the system it contains every single Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance game.
I feel like this wouldn't even be THAT hard to put together, but the problem I have absolutely no idea how to begin. I know that Raspberry Pi boards are extremely hard to get a hold of right now, but I also don't know if I need one or if there's another board to use. I'm super new to any kind of modding and programming; is there any advice for putting together this console, where I should start, good resources? Thank you all so much, and hopefully if I can I'll be able to start putting it together and showing you guys the progress!

submitted by /u/TheBrianJ
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”