Custom Gameboy service

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Custom Gameboy service

Post by /gameboy »

Hey Guys,
I just noticed the whole modded/custom Gameboy market and as a retro fan, I instantly got hooked. Unfortunately, I was kinda bummed out by the lack of options available on the market. Most of the dedicated modders/makers don't reply or charge a lot of money for a product that doesn't really speak to me on the level of technique (wiring, case modding, gluing etc.). Because of my background (15 years in software development and 5 years in electronic consumer product development) and my current business, I have the machines and connections available to make custom parts (cases, buttons, PCB's, etc). This made me decide that I am going to build my own custom GB.
At this point, I am still doing a bit of research, but considering that you guys may also bump into the problems I mentioned earlier, I thought that with enough interest, I could make my resources en services available at a decent price. Let me know what you think about this and would like to see it in/on a custom Gameboy product-wise.
Have a great day!

submitted by /u/locomain
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”