Baseball Simulator 1.000 nerfs players?

[Released: 1983] The best-selling gaming console of its time. With the NES, Nintendo introduced a now-standard business model of licensing third-party developers, authorizing them to produce and distribute software for Nintendo's platform.

/nes
Corporate

Baseball Simulator 1.000 nerfs players?

Post by /nes »

I've been playing a lot of Baseball Simulator 1.000 the last few weeks, and I'm trying to complete a 165-game season for the first time ever. I've got a custom league with five regular teams and one custom ultra team. I used all the stat points to make my team better than the others, but didn't use any of the ultra powers.
I'm wondering if anyone else has ever done something similar and noticed their players getting weaker after getting a certain number of wins or games ahead of the other teams. In the manual, it mentions that pitchers will always be in an exhausted state if you are five games are more ahead of all the other teams, but it also seems like my hitters are nerfed. Whereas the first 20 or so games I was consistently hitting home run after home run, and often ending games early due to being ten or more runs ahead of the other team, lately all the hitters are barely able to get hits out of the infield. I can sometimes string together just enough weak grounders to score enough runs to win, but the weakness continues until I lose a game. Then suddenly, in the next game, everyone is at full strength and knocking home runs again.

submitted by /u/Torchiest
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Nintendo Entertainment System Forum”